- Certified Digital Marketing Professional
- Module overview
- Additional Information Module overview
- Exam Information
- DMI Membership
- Practical course information
Deze training heeft een geheel geactualiseerde inhoud!
Certified Digital Marketing Professional
The Certified Digital Marketing Professional course is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation or measurement of digital strategies - or anyone who would like to pursue a career in this area. If you are a business owner, marketing professional or manager who wants to improve you online engagement, this is the course for you.
Digital Marketing Insitute and NIMA
This 5-day course is exclusively designed by the Digital Marketing Institute in Ireland and is approved by NIMA (Nederlands Instituut voor Marketing) and the Global Industry Advisory Council.
This Council, representing the world’s largest and most influential digital brands (including Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Microsoft and IBM), validates all course content. By providing expert review and recommendations on a regular basis, the Council ensures that graduates of this course have learned the most up to date digital skills, core competencies and knowledge needed to thrive in their digital careers.
Digital Marketing Foundations
Paid Search and Google Ads
Display and Video Advertising
Email Marketing & Marketing Automation
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Analysis and Google Analytics
Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing Strategy
Delivered by industry experts, you will be introduced to the most relevant and transformative aspects of digital. See tab 'Addtional Information Module overview' for details.
After successful completion of the official certification exam, you will receive the Certified Digital Marketing Professional certificate. This examination is hosted by Pearson VUE test centres and is included in the course price. If applicable, you will also receive 30 NIMA PE points on the NIMA MyCareer portal.
Please see the tab 'Exam Information' for additional information.
The course is ideal for anyone involved in the planning, implementation, of measurement of digital strategies - or anyone who would like to pursue a career in this area. If you are a business owner, marketing professional or manager who wants to improve your online engagement, this is the course for you. This digital marketing training will provide you with everything you need to kickstart an exciting, innovative career.
What will you learn
By earning this certification, you will be able to:
- Increase your website’s visibility through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Drive qualified traffic to your website through Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Execute digital display campaigns
- Capture, segment and manage subscribers to plan and execute a successful email marketing campaign
- Use suitable social media channels to grow and engage an audience
- Measure and optimize social media campaigns
- Leverage mobile marketing for its micro-targeting advantages
- Analyze and optimize your overall digital marketing activity
- Create a formal digital marketing plan for your business
Digital Marketing Institute
Our diploma is a global-standard qualification that will benefit you no matter where your career takes you. This training is designed by the Digital Marketing Institute in Ireland. The Digital Marketing Institute is the global certification standard for digital marketing, certifying digital professionals in over 60 countries and 5 continents across the globe. They have certified more professionals to a single digital education standard than any other certification body.
European Qualifications Framework
The Certified Digital Marketing Professional course has been credit rated by SQA at Level 8 on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). SCQF level 8 corresponds to level 5 (HBO) on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
We have specifically structured the curriculum to focus on current trends and best practices in Digital Marketing. As well as creating innovative strategies, you will also learn how to leverage these strategies to gain competitive advantage for both your business and career.
Test your current digital marketing skills!
Are you curious about your current digital marketing skills? Take our free Digital Diagnostic!
1. Digital Marketing Foundations
This module will enable you to conduct digital research, set business objectives for a digital marketing campaign and to prepare the foundations for developing a targeted a digital
marketing strategy. Upon completion of this model, you will be able to:
- Identify the core principles and purposes of digital marketing
- Develop clear and actionable objectives for a digital marketing plan
- Use digital research and social listening to gain insights into your competitors, audience and industry
- Recognize how teamwork and various roles in teams contribute to your digital marketing strategy objectives
- Use the PROPEL model as the framework for planning a digital marketing strategy
2. Content Marketing
This module will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills to plan and execute a content marketing strategy in a persona-oriented, data-driven way – informed by business objectives, aligned with the buyer journey and your overall marketing strategy. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of content marketing and its position within the overall digital marketing strategy
- Initiate a content marketing strategy and establish effective workflows
- Create and curate compelling and innovative content
- Extend the value of your content through repurposing and use scheduling tools and promotion methods to effectively distribute content across a variety of platforms
- Measure your content marketing return on investment by assessing cost, utilization and performance and analyzing key metrics
3. Social Media Marketing
This module enables you to apply social media concepts and best practices to both organic and paid marketing activities on key platforms in order to run successful campaigns that yield ROI and meet business objectives. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Recognize the fundamental principles of social media marketing during the development of a digital marketing strategy
- Identify the core features, tools and guidelines for setting up, optimizing and organically posting on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat
- Build, manage and sustain an active community on social media platforms
- Apply paid campaign concepts to inform the development of a social media marketing strategy
- Create and report on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Snapchat ad campaigns using advanced and paid advertising tools
4. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This module will enable you to build an organic search marketing strategy that brings the right kind of visitors to your website. You will learn how to boost online conversions, stand out in today’s fiercely competitive online marketplace and ensure the best possible ROI. Upon completion of this module you, will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of SEO and how it differs from paid search
- Set business, SEO and website objectives to drive website traffic, build product awareness and generate leads
- Build an SEO content plan based on strategic keyword and competitive research
- Boost your website’s organic search ranking using on-page, off-page and technical elements
- Measure the success of overall SEO efforts
5. Paid Search and Google Ads
This module will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills to implement and manage paid search campaigns. You will learn how to create Google AdWords campaigns, manage budgets, and report on their performance. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of paid search and how it differs from organic search
- Use Google AdWords to launch a successful paid search campaign
- Manage a paid search campaign
- Measure the effectiveness of paid search campaigns by generating detailed reports
6. Display and Video Advertising
This module will equip you with the technical understanding and skills to build and maintain an effective Display & Video advertising strategy. You will learn how to setup and manage Display & Video campaigns, create Display & Video ads to run on the Google Display Network and YouTube, apply targeting to your ads, and then analyze their effectiveness by pulling detailed reports in Google AdWords and Google Analytics which measure the most important metrics. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Display & Video advertising and its role in an advertiser’s marketing strategy
- Create a YouTube channel and manage video content
- Identify ad formats available on the Google Display Network and YouTube
- Use Google AdWords to create campaigns and ads for the Google Display Network and YouTube
- Add targeting, re-marketing and a bidding strategy to your Display & Video campaigns
- Measure results and optimize Display & Video campaigns
7. Email Marketing
This module will teach you the fundamentals of email marketing and how to strategize your email delivery plan to test, optimize and report on the performance of your email marketing campaign. You will also explore the techniques, processes and value of using marketing automation alongside email marketing campaigns. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of email marketing and how permissions, mobile, the buyers journey and the marketing life cycle are important considerations for your digital marketing strategy
- Apply the core principles, techniques and actions for developing an effective and high performing email marketing strategy
- Design balanced and effective emails to deliver a message that generates leads, retains customers and inspires evangelists
- Use best practice for creating and delivering an email campaign
- Use email tests, metrics, statistics, and best practices to report on and optimize and email marketing campaign
- Explore the techniques, process and value of using marketing automation
8. Website Optimization
This module will teach you how to build and publish a well-designed, high performing and optimized website that is aligned to your business goals. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the key components of effective web design and the importance of website optimization to your overall digital marketing strategy
- Choose a website hosting option and design, build, and publish a basic website using WordPress
- Identify the principles of good web design and how to attract potential customers using effective content and copy
- Optimize website performance and usability using user-centered design principles and processes
- Use your website for insight, tracking, measurement and data capture
9. Analysis and Google Analytics
This module will teach you the basic concepts of using analytics in digital marketing. From initial set-up to understanding reports, you will learn how to analyze statistics to gain an understanding
of the behavior of visitors and the performance of your website and campaigns. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Recognize the fundamentals of web analytics that enable a digital marketer to draw actionable conclusions from data collected through a website or marketing channel
- Create a Google Analytics account, integrated with your website, to glean insights about your website traffic and audience
- Set goals for a business and website, and know how web analytics tools are used to help measure these goals
- Differentiate between the reporting features available for monitoring a digital marketing campaign
- Carry out an analysis and iteration of your digital marketing campaign by gleaning insights from conversions, reporting and reviewing your KPIs
10. Digital Marketing Strategy
This module uses the PROPEL planning model to teach you, in a step-by-step fashion, how to design complex, long-term digital marketing strategies that service both marketing and commercial objectives. Upon completion of this module you will be able to:
- Identify the core components of a digital marketing strategy and the benefits of using a model to develop successful digital campaigns
- Establish the foundations of a digital marketing strategy by identifying requirements, budgets and ownership
- Use owned, accessed, desk, audience, competitor and social listening research to create a how-to guide for all digital marketing activities
- Set objectives to establish clear and measurable KPIs
- Prepare a strategic plan that incorporates overarching content, search and creative strategies
- Develop a media plan and execute your digital marketing strategy
- Consistently improve performance and gain insight through performance data analysis and team work
To complete the course and become a Certified Digital Marketing Professional, you will have to complete a computer-based examination. The exam is included in the course price (you will receive a voucher) and can be scheduled at your own convencience at any Peason VUE testing centre througout the world.
Candidats must take the exam within 24 weeks of completing the course. We recommend students take the first exam 3-6 weeks after the completion of the course.
To prepare for the certification exam students will receive:
- Presentation slides of all 10 modules
- Transcript with references for all modules
- Document with links to over 40 walkthrough videos
- Links to online quizzes and examples of exam questions
After successful completion of the official exam, you will receive the Certified Digital Marketing Professional certificate. You will also get 30 NIMA PE points on the NIMA MyCareer portal if applicable.
Keeping your knowledge current
Stay current. Stay relevant. Get connected with… DMI Membership. Being a successful digital professional can be a challenge; keeping up with trends, driving effective campaigns, generating high-quality leads. The membership platform of the Digital Marketing Institute offers you a way to do all of that in one place and this 1 year membership is included in the course fee (normal price € 249,-).
Continuous Professional Development
When you gain a Digital Marketing Institute certification, you receive access to an exclusive Continuous Professional Development (CPD) area that extends and enhances the lifespan of your certification by enabling you to participate in activities that will expand your knowledge and skillset. Examples include:
- CPD courses
- Case Studies
- Walkthrough videos
As part of your CPD program in the Membership portal, you can take online courses of DMI partners like Google, Facebook and Hubspot. Once you have completed a course, you can then claim up CPD Credits for each course you completed.
Fontys Hogeschool Communicatie, Rachelsmolen 1, 5612 MA te Eindhoven on a wednesday from 10.00 - 17.00 uur. The lessons days are 11th September 2019, 18th September 2019,
25th September 2019, 2th October 2019 and 9th October 2019.
This course is taught in English or Dutch (depending on preference of participants).
2.250,00 euro free of VAT.
Official exam included.
You can apply here.
- € 2250,– (BTW Vrijgesteld)
- 3 maanden
- Lesdagen en -tijd
Cursisten aan het woord
“When digital becomes human - fijne bijeenkomsten met betrokken en ervaren trainers”
“Erg complete cursus - veel waar voor je geld”
“Uitstekende basis om zelf als online marketeer aan de slag te gaan”
“Heel goed georganiseerd"
Fontys Hogeschool Communicatie
Rachelsmolen 1, Eindhoven