About the programme
Fontys International Business School offers this MBA programme in cooperation with the FOM – Hochschule für Oekonomie & Management (Essen, Germany).
The MBA study at Fontys International Business School arranges a high-quality economic education for finishing or for augmenting your primary degree. Engineers, lawyers, medical professionals, and social scientists acquire management qualifications relevant for their field of work, while business and political economists benefit from an update of their specific knowledge and additional competences in international business.
- Integrative, practical approach to thinking and doing
- Work and study continuously complement each other
- Build a network with your professional fellow students
- Learn from each other in an international environment
What you will learn
During this MBA course, we ensure that you develop the economic know-how you need for a managerial position. The curriculum and the classroom activities of our MBA programme draw in your theoretical and professional expert knowledge. This allows you to gain an understanding of different companies and fields of work along with the various problems and possible solutions. Each lecturer knows about your professional background and your objectives and supports you accordingly.
- Learn from different modules, such as Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Business Law.
- You can choose to specialise in modules such as International Management, Marketing and Sales Management, or Financial Management.
- Gain general management competencies to meet current and future challenges in business management.
Stefan Breuer, Study programme manager MBA
Study programme manager Stefan Breuer answers some of the most important and frequent questions that potential students might have.
Study at Fontys
- The study programme consists of 4 semesters. Semester 1 and 2 will be dedicated to following modules. In semester 3, you’ll choose a specialisation, and you’ll write your thesis in the final semester.
- Throughout all semesters and modules, the focus is on providing practice-oriented management knowledge and skills.
- It is possible to work on practical assignments from your company. The direct impact of that acquired knowledge can be part of the examination.
Feel free to take a look at our study program before you make a study choice. We would like to meet you during an (online) information session or contact us.
You’ll follow a number of modules in the first and second semester:
- Module 1: General Economics
- Module 2: Marketing & Communication
- Module 3: Human Resources & Leadership
- Module 4: Financial Management
- Module 5: Strategic Corporate Management
- Module 6: International Business Law
- Module 7: Value Based Controlling & International Accounting
- Module 8: Management Decision Making
- Additional module: Crash Course in Business Administration
You’ll choose one of these MBA specialisations in semester 3:
- International Management
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Financial Management
- Project and Contract Management
- Process and Change Management
- Management Consulting
- Start-Up Entrepreneurship
Each of the specialisation choices consists of two modules.
In this semester you’ll work on your thesis. Your master thesis focuses on a research project at a company, where you work on scientific or practical research tasks. You can determine the thesis topic yourself, depending on your area of interest. You’ll be assigned a supervisor who will assist you through the final step of becoming an MBA graduate.