About this minor
You will gain specific knowledge of all technical aspects that contribute to road holding and handling of motor vehicles on a track or off-road at high speeds, including the aerodynamics. Representatives from the business community provide guest lectures on themes.
As a student you will have the opportunity to build and test motorsport vehicles, perform data analyses on a race track and work with racing teams. You will discuss all technical issues that affect the vehicle dynamics and take decisions to achieve the best possible result as a team.
Why the minor Motorsport Engineering?
- Work with businesses to create innovative and useful products
- Close cooperation with automotive companies in the Brainport Region
- Learn in a high tec automotive lab
- Full attention for your passion, and personal guidance to get the best out of you
More about this minor
The Minor Motorsport Engineering maintains close links with the motorsport development industry, raceteams and motorsport related organisations and is a preferred source of Benelux raceteams in the field of data acquisition.
We have successful graduates working in all levels of Motorsports, including: Formula One development, BTCC, VLN, TCR, WTCC, ADPCR, DSC, Dakar Truck Development, Mazda MX5-cup, Porsche Carrera Cup Benelux, GT4 Euro series, etc.
Minor consists of lessons and a project. The topics of the theoretical courses are the backbone in the final project.
The course consists of the following topics:
- MDA: Motorsport Data acquisition
- MEP: Engine Performance
- MSD: Structural design, like safety cages and wiring
- MVD: Vehicle Dynamis
- MVA: Vehicle Aerodynamics
All 3 credits and the final project is 15 credits.
To participate in the minor motorsport Engineering, the student must have obtained a propaedeutic certificate in Engineering.
How to apply for this minor
From February 1st (00:00h) you can apply for a minor that starts in September 2023. The application period ends on July 1 2023 at the latest.
The application for minors that start in February 2024 goes from July 1st 2023 until December 15 2023.
Some minors have a numerus fixus, which means that a minor closes the application early, make sure to make your choice on time!
To attend a minor you have to
- Have passed the propaedeutic phase or;
- Have permission from the examination board of your study programme
(Online) Minor orientation week
The date for the next orientation week will be announced.
This minor has two starting moments;
- the minor that starts in February is in Dutch,
- the minor that starts in September is in English.