Smart Product Development with Additive Manufacturing
In-depth technical minor on Additive Manufacturing (AM) or 3Dprinting. Entry requirements based on an engineering/technical bachelor study, such as Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive, or Applied Physics. English study materials, and in case of participating international students the lectures will also be in English.
- Capabilities and limitations of AM-machines, and how to help implementing this technology in a company (sector High Tech Systems, Medical, or General)
- Functional design in the field of mechanical, thermal and/or flow. Material selection and production technologies. Use of professional software packages.
- Operate AM-machines, materials science tests on AM-products, and occupational health and safety issues in laboratories.
The educational program consists of 5 modules en 1 project.
- 2 modules theory (DFAM, PM11)
- 1 module practical skills (PSAM)
- 2 modules computer lab (CM11, EP11)
Each module has 2 contact hours per week. The project is scheduled for whole day, including 1 hour tutor consultation.
The minor runs in the spring semester (Feb-Jul) and includes 30 EC credits, meaning study load 840 hours, divided over 20 educational weeks, of 40 hours per week.
|Contacthours:||40 per week|
Fontys University of Applied Sciences,
School of Engineering,
Rachelsmolen 1, 5612 MA Eindhoven